The Rivers School Alumni Class AgentRoles and Responsibilities
The Class Agent is the point person for all alumni of a given class year. You are the “glue” that holds your class together. You are the person who represents the Alumni Association to your class and provides a more personal experience for alumni.
We are here to help you! Feel free to use us as a resource on any matter. If you encounter a question you cannot answer, let us know.
There are 4 basic duties of the Class Agent, outlined here:
1. Obtain current contact information
for all members of your class
• Anytime you contact a classmate, remind them to send in any address changes or email changes. They can send this information to you or directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Class Notes and Alumni News (due in September and February)
• Collect updates from classmates at any time for publication twice a year. Compile and write-up your class year’s notes, then submit to the Alumni Programs Coordinator. Note: The Rivers Communications Office will have final edit before inclusion in The Riparian.
• Class notes include: marriages, births, deaths, matriculations, graduations, special recognitions, major moves, travel, community involvement, interesting hobbies, announcements, and any other news a classmate would like to share. Don’t forget photos!
• News can be sent at any time to the Alumni Programs Coordinator for potential expansion into a feature article or to be posted on social media.
3. Milestone Reunions
• Organize a reunion committee to plan and encourage attendance by your classmates. (5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th and 30th year reunions.)
4. Annual Giving Appeal
• Assist the Advancement Office in providing opportunities to participate in annual giving by emailing in December (Giving Tuesday and calendar year-end) and June (Rivers’ fiscal year-end) and reminding classmates as opportunities arise.
• Show your support by making a gift and invite your classmates to do the same.