The health and safety of every camper are of paramount importance at Camp Nonesuch.  All staff members undergo background checks as required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.  These include reference, C.O.R.I. and S.O.R.I. checks.  In addition, all staff members attend specialized child safety training.  

A camp health care provider is in attendance whenever the camp is in session.

We require that all campers have on file our two camp health forms.   They must be completed in full and on file in the camp health office before a camper attends the camp.  This requirement includes:

• An emergency information form completed and signed by the camper's parent/guardian.  This information is completed on line once a camper is registered.

 • A signed physician's examination (school/camp physical) from the past that includes up to date, dated immunization records.  This is uploaded to the campers CampMinder/CampInTouch account. 

• If your child requires the administration of a prescribed medicine, the Authorization to Administer Medication form must be completed and sent along to the camp with the camper's medication.

• All campers must have a Camper Release Form on file with the camp during the period they are enrolled at Camp Nonesuch.  This form provides us with the names and phone numbers of those adults for whom you, as a parent/guardian, have approved to release your child to during and at the conclusion the camp day and camp overnights. This is completed in the campers/family on line CampMinder/CampInTouch account.


List of 9 frequently asked questions.

  • What if I have a concern about something at Camp?

    If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Camp Office, 508-655-8118 during the camp season or 781-235-9300 after the camp season, and ask to speak to the director or one of the assistant directors or email the director at Rest assured just like you, we want to make your child's camp experience the very best it can be!
  • What if my child is ill and misses a day?

    We request that parents or guardians call the camp between 8:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. if their child will be absent from camp.
  • My child requires medications to be administered during the camp day. How is this handled?

    If your child requires any prescription medications during the camp day, you must complete an Authorization to Administer Medication" form. This form can be downloaded from the Health and Safety section. All medications must be in their original containers with the prescription label indicating dosage and frequency of administration AND signed by the prescribing health care professional. Our Camp Nurse will ensure that your child will receive his/her medications at the correct time.
  • When my child makes his/her choices of activities will he/she get all of her first choices?

    We make every attempt to give campers as many first choices as possible in their program. However, it is important to understand that a priority of our program is to give all campers in a particular session the most ideal schedule.
  • Can my child change his/her program?

    Campers can make minor changes to their schedule on the second day of each session. While we don’t encourage campers to change their program, we understand that sometimes a first choice on one day may not be their first choice on another!
  • What does my child need to bring to camp?

    Camper's needs will vary depending on the activities they have selected. If they are in any swimming or boating activities they should bring their swimming suit and towel. If they would enjoy a 7th block free swim, suit and towel are needed as well.  We also suggest that campers have a light jacket or sweatshirt that they can put on if it gets a little cool during the day. All clothing should be labled with the campers name to ensure its return should it be misplaced.
  • There are two overnights during the summer, however our child is not enrolled in the session the overnight occurs. Can they still attend?

    Campers who have completed a session but are not enrolled in the second or fourth sessions when the overnights occur are invited to participate in the overnight (or through bonfire) activities provided they have a permission slip completed and fee paid in advance.
  • When are car pool list mailed out?

    Car pool lists are mailed early in June. Only those families who have indicated on the application form that they are interested in car-pooling will have their names placed on the list. Only those families on the list will be mailed copies of the car pool list.
  • What if my child has lost something at Camp?

    If your child has lost something and they are still enrolled, please give us a call and we will attempt to find the missing item.  To help reduce the number of lost clothing items, please remember to mark your child's clothing, towels, and backpacks as well as any other items they may bring to camp.
CAMP NONESUCH    The Rivers School     333 Winter Street     Weston, Massachusetts 02493
Phone: (September - June) 781-235-9300     (June - August) 508-655-8118    Fax: 833-827-7084