A Message from the Admissions Director
At Rivers, you will discover a dedicated, enthusiastic and professional faculty who will both challenge you to stretch your limits as well as strengthen your existing talents and interests. You will find a community that inspires students to excel in academics, the arts, athletics and extra-curriculars, while also enjoying a fulfilling and happy secondary school experience. In addition, our highly respected and devoted college counselors work closely and individually with students throughout the college selection process, resulting in excellent college choices for our graduates.
Welcome to your Web-side view of The Rivers School. I encourage you to navigate our site to learn more about our community, including athletics, arts and co-curricular programs. Be sure to read about our Rivers Conservatory Program
. I also encourage you to take our campus tour.
You will also find a beautiful campus with outstanding facilities situated in a bucolic setting on the shores of Nonesuch Pond. Finally, if you decide to attend Rivers, you will establish lifelong friendships — with students and faculty — and will develop a thirst for lifelong learning. At the core of all of our programs is a strong belief in challenge, creativity and caring.
Enjoy your time on our Web site. Whenever you have any questions, or want to schedule a campus visit, please feel free to call our office at (781) 235-9300 ext. 253 or access our e-mail via the Meet the Admissions Office section.
Good luck with your school search!
Gillian M. Lloyd
Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Looking to learn more about life at Rivers?
- Total Enrollment: 480 students
- Upper School Enrollment: 360 students
- Middle School Enrollment: 120 students
- The Student / Faculty ratio: 6:1
- Average class size: 12
- 26% of student body receives financial assistance
- Number of Musical Ensembles: 12
- Number of Athletic Teams (Varsity and Sub-Varsity): 55 teams in 14 Sports
- Median SAT Reading: 660
- Median SAT Math: 665
Median SAT Writing: 670
- Median ACT: 28
- In 2012, juniors and seniors took 179 Advanced Placement exams in 17 different subjects. Seventy-two percent of the grades were 4s and 5s, with 44 percent being 5s. Ninety-one percent were 3 and above.